Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mr. Gilbert Taylor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ASL-001 Darth Kraven
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer
ASL-001 Darth Kraven

Mr. Gilbert Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Gilbert Taylor   Mr. Gilbert Taylor EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Mr. Gilbert Taylor ~ Star Wars Cinematographer
1914 - August, 2013

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PLEASE RAISE YOUR SABERS IN A STANDING SALUTE!

An'hin! - Strength,
Ar'rii !- Power,
Venaal! - Victory!!
Ja’Ak:!!! I am free.

Star Wars cinematographer Gilbert Taylor passed away at his home in the Isle of Wight. He was 99.

From the iconic opening shot of a massive Imperial Star Destroyer chasing the Rebels' Tantive IV to the setting of twin suns on Tatooine, Taylor played a large role in establishing the visual identity of the entire series.

"Gilbert's work truly stands the test of time," says George Lucas. "I had long admired his work on films such as A Hard Day's Night and Dr. Strangelove and I had the privilege of working with him on Star Wars. He was a true expert in his craft. Gilbert's inspired work will live on in the many films he contributed to throughout his long career."

Taylor's credits include several classics, such as Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964), Roman Polanski's Repulsion (1965), and Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy (1972).

Go In Peace Mr. Taylor, and thank you sir for all the joy you brought to so many.
You Will Be Missed, And As Always....
The Force Be With You.
Back to top Go down

Mr. Gilbert Taylor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hall of the Fallen-
Jump to: